When you, to breastfeed, you may find that remaining fashionable but maintaining functionality can be a bit of a challenge. Given the unique needs of a breastfeeding mom, a good tank that will offer you the flexibility to feed your little one without compromising on style is an excellent find. However, it’s difficult to anticipate just what kind of tank will work best for you. Some things that you may have to consider when looking for that perfect top are flexibility, a good fit and for the style conscious woman, fashionable. Finding a good nursing tank is important for new moms because it is an item of clothing that you will likely spend quite a bit of time in, especially in the early days of your postpartum phase. In our list, we take a look at the best tanks for nursing to help you make this important clothing decision.
1. Bun Bun Women’s Nursing Tank
The Bun Bun nursing tank is a great find if you’re looking for a tank that will give you some privacy as you feed your baby while offering you comfort. The tank is made from 100% cotton which means the fabric is extremely breathable, so you won’t find yourself retaining unnecessary heat, especially if you’re using breast pads. The cotton material also means that the tank is soft to the touch and won’t rub against your skin the wrong way. This Bun Bun tank has a snap feature that eases the process of undoing your tank and snapping it back into place making it a great option, especially when you’re out and about in the world. The ribbed material makes this tank stretchy allowing you even more flexibility than you would ordinarily have with other style of fabric.
- The tank is made from 100% cotton making it soft and breathable for maximum comfort
- The extra material offers an added layer of privacy when you are breastfeeding as it covers the top part of the breast
- The quick snap feature means you can feed with ease and put it together once you’re done
- The tank may stretch out over time as a result of normal wear and tear
2. Smallshow Sleeveless Maternity Nursing Tank
This tank may seem ordinary, but it has a host of great features that any nursing mom will enjoy using. First, it is a pretty stylish tank as far as nursing tanks goes. The tank is sleeveless and features a rounded neck, which is perfect if you find yourself nursing in the much hotter seasons of the year. The simple style makes it easy to match with existing items in your wardrobe like jeans. This Smallshow tank also features a double layer. This simply means that you can nurse easily but discreetly should you wish to do so. The fabric of this tank is 95% cotton and 5% spandex, which is a great addition for you if you’re looking for something that can keep your postpartum body seamless but with retaining comfort and breathability.
- The double layer gives you ease when lifting the tank to breastfeed without exposing your entire midriff
- Its casual style makes it easy to pair with other items of clothing giving you more versatility
- The fabric is soft making it even more comfortable to wear
- The recommended laundry instructions are to hand wash which may not be ideal for most new moms
3. HOFISH Nursing Cami
This is a nursing tank that you may probably find you want to purchase even before your little one comes into the world. The makers of this tank state that this tank is suitable for all stages of pregnancy, and this would be especially so in the third trimester when you may find you want more support for your belly. And once your little bundle is out in the world, and it’s time to breastfeed? The tank still remains versatile. The Hofish tank has adjustable bra straps making it easy for you to find your desired tautness on them. It comes with a clasp that can be undone with one hand when you are ready to feed your baby and snaps shut just as easily. This tank is seamless, so you won’t have to worry about awkward points of it sitting uncomfortably on your pregnant belly or skin while still offering you full support. This Hofish nursing tank is made from a mix of nylon and spandex but still remains breathable making sure you are comfortable every time you wear it.
- You can get a lot of use out of this tank as it is wearable at every stage of your pregnancy
- The stretchiness and length of this tank means you can cover up as much as you want to
- The pads in the breast are removable leaving the choice of whether you want them or not completely up to you
- You will likely have to pair this with an additional top if you’re not too comfortable wearing it as is
4. Bravado Women’s Dream Nursing Tank
The nursing tank from Bravado is definitely one that is on the higher end of the price spectrum, but it backs this up with its features. The tank has a full support nursing bra, which is a great feature for those with larger breasts. A full nursing bra means added support, so you are unlikely to experience the discomfort of not having enough support. A blend of cotton, spandex, and elastane makes this tank makes this tank comfortable yet extremely functional. If you’re looking for a tank that’ll still give you the full skin on skin contact with your baby while feeding, then this tank’s wide drop design may be just what you need. The Bravado tank is stylish and versatile making it easy to pair with your favorite pair of jeans and wear during any stage of your pregnancy.
- You can fit and mold the cups in the nursing bra to make sure it sits just the way you want it to
- You can wear it at any stage of your pregnancy
- The fabric mix still retains its soft feel making it comfortable for the nursing mom on the go
- It’s quite expensive compared to its counterparts in the market
5. Loving Moments Nursing Tank
The Loving Moments nursing tank is offering some versatility in style as it is the only tank on this list to feature a prominent empire line. The lace trim is a great aesthetic addition, but this doesn’t mean that the maker’s compromised on function. This tank has a drop cup for feeding which is undone with a clasp that isn’t so difficult to undo so you can use one hand for this action. Being the more delicate looking pieces of the bunch, this tank is great to use for layering.
- The clasp is easy to undo meaning you won’t have too much trouble when it comes to getting it undone and putting it back together
- The mix of fabric keeps the tank soft for a pleasant feel against your skin
- The straps are adjustable to assist you in finding your desired point for comfort
- You may find that you want to wear something over this top as the design doesn’t offer as much coverage as other tanks
6. Blanq Nursing Support Tank
If money is no object, but you still want the guarantee of style and function then this may just be the right nursing tank for you. The feature that sets this tank apart from others in the market is that it has an open bust and not a double layer. This unique feature is meant to ease the process of breastfeeding for moms. Also, as this is the time in your life where you’re probably seeking support rather than restriction, you will find that the tank is entirely focused on the former. While the top does offer some gentle compression, you will likely find this makes the experience of wearing a Blanq tank even more enjoyable. For even more comfort, the tank is seamless and is made using a microfibre that keeps you moisture free. This tank is great for the postpartum period where you’re looking for something that won’t irritate your c-section scar or just general recovering postpartum body.
- The tank’s fabric makes for a snug but comfortable fit which offers great support for your now changed body
- The open bust means you don’t have to bother with clasps – you simply lift your shirt and feed
- This tank is seamless giving it an additional layer of comfort without any awkward seams rubbing against your skin
- It has wide shoulder straps which may not be a style for everyone
As seen, there are many designs and styles to choose from when it comes to making a choice about what nursing tank you want to wear. No need to stop doing the things you truly want – such as style – for function as the options on this list have shown. A good nursing tank will be able to serve your needs without breaking your budget and ensuring you stay aesthetically authentic. With these options, you have one less thing to worry about. Happy shopping!