Best Diaper Pail
There are certain things that every baby’s room requires. However, parents and caretakers usually miss them and opt for a DIY alternative that they always think will suffice. But when it comes to disposing your baby’s soiled diaper, that is one mistake that you shouldn’t make. Babies use anywhere between eight to 10 diapers in a day, and having a better way of disposing them will make a lot of difference.
Diaper pails are the best choice for anyone with a baby. These pails have been designed to trap odor. You can also open them using your foot or by simply flipping the lid. This way, you can dispose of the diaper with one hand while the other remains on the baby. While babies on breast milk or formula may not have stinky diapers as such, the case is different for babies eating solids. To ensure you have the right diaper pail, we’ve reviewed six of our favorites below.
Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail
The Ubbi Steel pail is an excellent choice for mums who want a diaper pail that incorporates some of the must have features into a single product making it an all-round winner. In addition, this diaper pail is available in several colors giving you the freedom to choose one that suits the décor of your baby’s nursery.
- This Ubbi diaper pail works effortlessly and well allowing you to easily and quickly change your baby’s diaper
- It’s both practical and stylish and can comfortably hold up to 50 diapers
- This pail is available in plenty of colors allowing you to purchase it in a color that matches your baby’s nursery or room
- The rims have rubber seals that help to lock in the smells, and the sliding lid on the top cover ensures you only open it enough to dispose the soiled diaper
- The pail is made from steel material which does a good job of handling odors for longer periods compared to plastics, and they are also less porous
- Has a childproof lock feature that prevents pets or toddlers from accessing the disposed diapers
- The pail can start to develop odors after a long use
- When opened, the sliding door allows odor to escape
Diaper Genie Diaper Pail
The Diaper Genie diaper pail is not only stylish, but it has the ability to lock away smells from the dirty diapers thanks to the in-built carbon filter that helps to absorb and lock in any strong diaper smells. It’s also quite user-friendly and doesn’t require much effort to know how it works.
- Has a built-in carbon filter that works to absorb and lock in any strong smells from the dirty diapers
- It’s user-friendly and a time save as you won’t have to spend a lot of time learning how to use it
- Features an airtight clamp mechanism that ensures no horrible smell escapes whenever you open the pail to discard a dirty diaper
- The bin easily tilts forward when you want to remove the bag making it easy for you to lift the bout the bag
- The pail has a cutter that cuts and ties the bag before you throw it away
- The bags that can be used with this diaper bin can handle up to 270 soiled diapers
- It’s available in five different colors
- It can only be used with certain designed bags that are sold separately
- Eventually, the plastic material starts absorbing a bit of odor
Munchkin Step Diaper Pail
The one thing that makes this Munchkin diaper pail an excellent choice isn’t its features, but the fact that the company plants a tree for every pail that is sold. It goes to show that they care about the environment that your little one will grow up in.
- You will be buying from a brand that cares about the environment because each diaper pail sold equals one tree planted
- This bin looks great and also performs well
- The foot pedal design allows you to open the pail’s lid without touching it
- Uses customized bags coupled with a technological device that’s patented which seals away any odor
- Although it’s made from plastic, this Munchkin diaper pail has an effective way of locking away odors and diapers
- You can either use toss, snap, seal or refill bags which gives you options to choose from
- It has a sleek design which will help enhance the aesthetics of your baby’s room
- Comes with a child lock button that is out of rich for both toddlers and pets
- You’ll need to constantly purchase the customized bags which is an extra expense as the bin doesn’t just use any bag
- The plastic build means the bin will at some point start to smell bad
Dekor Diaper Pail
This Dekor diaper bin is one of the most cost-effective diaper pails in our review. It’s also a hands-free diaper, which means you don’t have to touch the lid or any other part. With this diaper bin, all you need to do is to just step and drop your diaper.
- As a hands-free diaper pail, you won’t have to touch anything else besides your baby
- Easy to use as all you need to do is to step and drop the diaper inside the bin
- It has been made from a unique type of plastic that ensures fewer odors sticks on the surface of the bin
- Although it has a basic design, it’s beautiful and can also be used in the house as a normal dustbin
- Designed with babies in mind as the lid closes very softly to avoid startling your baby once you remove your feet from the lever
- It has a childproof lock that prevents kids from opening the lid and playing with the contents
- This pail can also be used for cloth diapers by simply including the Dekor Cloth Diaper Liner
- It’s only available in two different colors
- Just like the Munchkin diaper pail, this Dekor diaper bin also uses customized bags only
Tommee Tippee Diaper Pail
Tommee Tippee is well-known for designing and producing different baby products from feeding bottles to feeding spoons. If you do not have enough space in your room, this diaper bag is an excellent choice as it can easily fit underneath certain furniture or inside a cupboard, saving you space.
- You will be buying from a brand that’s well known for producing reliable and efficient baby products
- Perfect diaper pail for a small nursery as it can easily fit underneath certain types of furniture or inside a cupboard saving you space
- Has a simple design and is an easy to use a diaper pail
- The diaper bag film has an anti-bacterial ingredient that helps fight 99 percent of germs
- Comes with four refill cartridges
- The pail comes with a cutter that is used to cut or slice the custom film bag when it’s full so that you can throw it away
- This diaper pail helps your baby’s nursery stay hygienic thanks to the antibacterial ingredient that helps kill germs
- Easily accessible to kids and pets because of its small design
- Its small size means the bin can only hold up to 18 diapers which is a lot less than what is offered by other brands
Safety 1st Diaper Pail
This diaper pail from Safety 1st is an excellent choice for people looking for a smaller bin. Despite having a small size, this pail has several features that make it easy to use.
- Excellent choice for parents with limited space
- It uses normal plastic bags which means that you can use your usual paper bin liners
- It doesn’t have any complex features; hence it’s an easy to use diaper pail
- Easily dispose the dirty diaper using one hand while holding your baby with the other as it’s a one-handed motion diaper pail
- Because it uses any type of bag, it’s a budget friendly diaper pail compared to others on our list
- It’s affordable, and while it’s not as stylish, it has a smooth exterior that makes it easy to clean
- There’s no cutting or twisting required meaning you just need to remove your plastic bag when it’s full
- It can be used as a normal bin in different parts of the house such as the bathroom or kitchen
- Made from plastic which easily absorbs odors that only get worse with time
- Doesn’t have any features to lock away odor and it’s easily accessible to kids
- To prevent odors, you’ll need to keep this bin clean
Diaper pails have lots of benefits. They provide a quick solution to where you will discard a dirty diaper and help lock out any odors. Because of their design, you are guaranteed no smells in your baby’s room when you open the bin to discard a soiled diaper. Besides, there are certain pails such as the Tommee Tippee diaper pail that have an antibacterial ingredient that helps fight germs and keep your baby’s nursery hygienic.
If you are looking to buy a diaper pail, ensure you consider the size, aesthetics, the seal as well as compatibility. If you like, you can also choose a diaper pail that you can later convert into a normal dustbin once your little one outgrown diapers.