Picture this. It’s the middle of the night, and you’re up once again to feed your precious baby. You begin to breastfeed only to realize that your regular chair or couch is making this magical moment hard on your back. It’s challenging enough to have to be roused from your slumber and even tougher if your breastfeeding environment isn’t at its optimum. Breastfeeding chairs (also known as rockers or gliders) may seem like a frivolous expense for any parent setting up their baby’s nursery, but the luxury of a comfortable feeding experience is one you can’t put a price on. A nursing chair creates a wonderful experience for you because it eases the process with the rocking function, storage solutions for all those bits mom and baby needs, and in some cases, something to put your feet up on.
When it comes to choicing an appropriate chair, you have to spend some time thinking about many things. A nursing chair is something you will get a lot of use out of such issues like durability, stain and water resistance, size and style are all things you should be considering. We’ve narrowed down some breastfeeding chairs and the features that make each of them great to help you make this, decision.
Baby Relax Colby Swivel Glider Chair
For the parent with contemporary style, you will find that the Baby Relax Glider is right up your alley. This chair comes with a great, modern style that is bound to work in most types of homes and spaces. Baby Relax can turn rotate and glide back and forth meaning if you need to reach for something, you can be assured to do it with relative ease as you continue to nurse your baby. The most inviting thing about this chair is the thick cushioning with just screams “night feeds comfort.” Thanks to the thick cushioning and padding on the wide armrests, you will find yourself loving the craftsmanship of this chair. The makers have ensured that the chair isn’t just stylish but also durable, as it is a strong piece of furniture that will likely serve you and your littles for years to come.
- This chair is pretty strong and well constructed so you will get a lot of use out of it for many months or even years
- It cleans easily, so you don’t have to worry about stains lingering on your chair
- It’s fairly easy to assemble with just four main pieces to put together
- It’s a large piece so it may not be ideal if your nursery doesn’t have the room
Delta Children Blair Nursery Glider Swivel Rocker Chair
This chair’s biggest value proposition is the sheer quietness with which it operates. The Delta glider is a sturdy piece of furniture that has been crafted specifically for a comfortable but quiet experience. For breastfeeding chairs, the rocking and gliding features can be amazing, but not so much if the chair creaks and squeaks every time you change position. If you’re looking for a chair that can fit within a limited space then this might be the one for you. At 68 pounds, the Delta glider is relatively light compared to some of its counterparts, likely owing to the fact that it is mostly made of wood. The chair has armrests with padding for maximum comfort, and you should find it easy to clean as it has a removable cushion. This chair offers a lot of value, especially if you’re on a budget.
- It can fit in small spaces making it ideal if your nursery doesn’t offer a ton of space already
- It works great for smaller users who want the comfort of having their feet touch the ground without having to use a pillow on their back for extra “height.”
- It is durable owing to the way it is made meaning it will serve you for quite some time
- It may not be ideal for taller users as it is a small chair
Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman
Unlike the first two gliders mentioned on this list, the Storkcraft glider comes with both a storage solution and the added comfort of an ottoman. With this chair, you get your standard features of rocking and gliding, but you also get so much more. The padded cushions come with storage areas where you can pop in the essentials you need while feeding your baby. This chair is also surprisingly light coming in at 45 pounds, but this doesn’t compromise its quality or durability. Made with a mix of wood and metal, the chair offers padded cushioning and ups the ante on comfort with the ottoman that comes with it. This ottoman is definitely an added bonus for someone looking to literally kick their feet up and relax as they enjoy the unique experience of bonding with their baby during feeding time.
- It comes with an ottoman and the storage pockets on either side of the chair
- It’s easy to assemble
- It sits at a great price point given that it offers both the chair and an ottoman
- Some users have said it can become squeaky with use, but this is easily fixed with some oil
Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider
Even though the Babyletto glider is small, it packs a mean punch in terms of the value and functionality it can offer you. This chair has a simple, clean design for anyone who is looking for that type of aesthetic and comes in a microsuede fabric, giving it a very indulgent and luxurious feel to it. At the base of the chair is the swivel and glide metal mechanism that complements the overall design of the chair. While the chair looks fancy, it still maintains the ease of cleaning as the fabric is stain and water resistant. This chair is also ideal for anyone working with a smaller space and can hold up to 300 pounds making it ideal for varying users. The Babyletto is cozy and comfortable and comes in at a comfortable price point for those ready to spend a little more than usual but not completely shatter their budget.
- It is quiet and doesn’t make unwanted squeaking or creaking sounds when in use
- The material makes is very soft and comfortable giving it a luxurious feel
- It can turn all the way around in 360 degrees giving the user additional functionality while in use
- It doesn’t come with a storage solution which may be a deal breaker if you’re looking for something that does
Pulaski Harmony Swivel Gliders
Here is another option if you’re looking for something modern to fit with the rest of your home styling choices. The Pulaski glider offers a swivel function that goes all the way around, giving you even more movement than other options. Despite its modern look, the chair has not given up comfort, and that is owing to the thick cushioning and the reclining function. The recline function is definitely a top point for this chair if you don’t want an ottoman taking up even more space but want additional comfort when using your chair. This chair is heavy on cushioning, and you may be concerned dimpling on the cushions, but the design of these should assure you that it will not sag after multiple uses.
- It comes with rocking, gliding and reclining features
- It is easy to assemble and set up
- The cushions are comfortable but retain firmness
- Its footrest can be a bit challenging to put back in place and requires some effort to do so
Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SX7NYNC
Forever Eclectic Glider and Ottoman
If the chair options you have seen so far are a deal breaker because they don’t come with an ottoman, then this may be the chair for you. As an added bonus point, the chair also offers storage on the side pockets, which is great if you’re looking for somewhere to stuff breastfeeding necessities that you don’t want to have to get up and reach for. The Forever Eclectic chair is a nice mix of hardwood and padded cushioning, offering comfort, style, and durability. The chair offers a gliding function and stuns even more with the included ottoman to give you the ultimate experience in comfort.
- It is lightweight
- It assembles easily
- It has removable arm covers which makes it easy to clean
- Some users have complained that the semi-upholstered mix can make it hard to sit in for extended periods
As you can see, choosing the right chair for your feeding needs requires considering a lot of options. From this list, you have probably also noticed that while some features may seem like great value additions, they simply can’t match up to your exact needs of durability, comfort, and even style. When choosing your chair, it is important to take all these things into account, remembering that this is something you want to get the most use out of. We hope this list helps you make what can be a difficult spending choice into a joyful experience that will serve you in the